- Gunslingers, Ghosts & Gold! .
Stumbling tour through
- "If you have a sense of humor...and a taste for the
- "It all begins and ends in the heart of LODO.... Downtown
Denver has had a colorful history of rags to riches miners, desperadoes, shady
ladies, saloons, thieves and upstanding citizens. It has survived fire, flood,
drought, starvation, plague and panic to become the modern cosmopolitan center
of the midwest."
- Tuesday - Happy Hour 5:30 - 7:00
- Wynkoop Brewing Company web site
18th St. (18th & Wynkoop)
- Tuesday - 7:00 pm
- LoDo walking tour - $15
- In front of Wynkoop Brewery (18th &
- 1634 18th St.
- Stops as follows:
- Ground Zero: Warm up at the Wynkoop Brewery, my
partner Dee and myself will be there. We will be wearing black T-shirts that
say "Gunslingers, Ghosts and Gold!!" on them. Meet on the corner by 10 till 7
- Stop One: Josephina's. Haunted. Great story and a nice tap
- Stop Two: The Denver Press Club. Haunted. Members only club
that is a social hub for the press community. About 40% are members of the
press, numerous ghost accounts and a cool old building.
- Stop Three: Mattie's House of Mirrors. Haunted. Once the
most famous and opulent baudy house between New Orleans and San Francisco. We
have been conducting a ghost investigation there over the last two months, so
of course we have some creepy tales to tell here.
- Stop Four: Falling Rock Tap House. NOT Haunted. No good
stories on the building. Just good beer, and lots of it. Within stumbling
distance from Mattie's, accompanied with a few fun stories like the rest of
the tour, Falling Rock offers 69 beers on tap. Their motto is "69 Beers On
Tap/No Crap On Tap". Only two years old, it is world renowned and sought
after, especially during the Great American Beer Festival.
- This Schedule is subject to change. I will look into
getting us some privileges but no promises. I will promise showing you a part
of Denver that is fun and you will want to share. This was and still is
one wild and weird town." -Beaux
Jim- 720-232-7585 cell