- Ghost Dog Thursday, July 27, 2000
- The story of three intersecting disparate worlds:
- the Mafia, the ancient Japanese samurai, and hip-hop.
- Ghost Dog (Forest Whitaker)
- spends his nights living clandestinely among his pigeon
- friends atop an apartment building and spends his days
- as a for-hire assassin for the mob in New York. He
- adheres to the strict code and writings found in an
- ancient Samurai text. No one knows much about him --
- who he is, where he lives, or his modus operandi -- with
- the exception of mob capo Louie (John Tormey), who
- once saved his life. He's never forgotten the kindness
- bestowed upon him by Louie, and thus becomes an
- adroit, loyal hitman for the Mafia. Louie hires Ghost Dog
- for a routine hit: to kill Handsome Frank (Richard
- Portnow), who's sleeping with the boss' daughter,
- Louise (Tricia Vessey). The hit goes well, and he puts
- Louise on a bus to get her out of town. Alas, she comes
- back, and mob boss Vargo (Henry Silva) pins the blame
- squarely on Ghost Dog. The word is out that a hit is
- ordered on Ghost Dog -- who often spouts words of
- wisdom from an ancient Samurai text -- but he remains
- adamant in his respect and protection for Louie; he
- goes after every other member of the family, though.
- This film is also Jarmusch's funniest to date. h, 115
- mins., 35mm. Rated R.
- When: Thursday, July 27, 2000
- Show Time: 7:00 pm
- Cost: $4 for general admission,
- Where: The Muenzinger Auditorium (view parking map)
See ya there!
Jim- 720-232-7585 cell
Matt - 720-839-4477 cell