- Priscilla Queen of Desert w/ Hazel Miller- Weds/Aug, 22
- Three bitchy, winning drag queens travel from Sydney across the Australian outback in a bus (and, in one of those stunning coincidences, Steven Spielberg's Ambling company embarks on a comedy about three American drag queens driving across the country in a bus). The formula works splendidly in this case, a constantly running gag fueled by the touch of writer/director Stephan Elliot and an Oscar-worthy performance by Terence Stamp as an aging transsexual. Hugo Weaving and Guy Pearce hold up their ends admirably, and the movie literally stops every time there's a musical number.
- SPECIAL PROMOTION DURING LAST TWO FILM ON THE ROCKS MOVIES:
Enjoy the starry sky at Red Rocks while watching a movie from a big, comfortable couch!
The first 100 folks who pose for a photo on the infamous bright green couch from Cricket Comfortable Wireless will receive a special pass to sit in a VIP ushered area in the stands. The person with the best pose will win the opportunity to invite their friends to watch the entire movie while relaxing on the couch in the middle of the VIP section. The couch will be located just inside the South Gate to the Amphitheatre for the promotion.
- You can get free tix. at CarToys. Just walk in and ask for them. Or e-mail here I've already got 10.
Tickets are $5.00 in advance, $8.00 at the gate, and are available at any Ticketmaster outlet, by calling 303.830-TIXS, or online at www.redrocksonline.com. Film On The Rocks is made possible with the help of the Denver Film Society.
- 6:50 p.m. - meet @ the ATM in the Amphitheatre located on the lower north side.
- 16352 County Road #93
Morrison, Colorado 80465
Telephone Number (303) 640-2637
5. How do I get to Red Rocks Amphitheatre? Red Rocks Amphitheatre is located in Red Rocks Park near Morrison, Colorado, 15
miles west of Denver. Coming from Downtown, take I-70 west to exit 259, turn left at the bottom of the Morrison exit ramp, cruise on downhill 1.5 miles to the Red Rocks Park entrance. Coming from south Denver, take C-470 to the Morrison exit, turn west and follow the signs to the Park entrances.
- See ya there!
- Jim- 303-440-4141 cell