Liquid Therapy Swells!
Interest in Liquid Therapy has skyrocketed in just three weeks thanks in no small part to the nude body painting and lingerie modeling of last week. (Side note: The body painting finals for Artopia2000 are tonight @ Temple Events Center, Denver. $50 at the door)
Come join this week's edition of Liquid Therapy for the LoDo Low Down Microbrew Hop, Skip and a Stagger.
"LoDo, the oldest part of Denver, dates to the 1860s gold rush. Walkers dodging BMWs and gaping at million-dollar lofts today see few clues that LoDo was once Skid Row. But from the 1890s silver bust to the 1970s, the area between Larimer and Wynkoop Streets from Cherry Creek to 20th Street contained flophouses, missions and bars.
The bars remain but now specialize in microbrews and martinis instead of cheap wine, and sell $10 cigars instead of 99-cent meals. Designation of the LoDo Historic District in 1988 ended demolition of historic buildings for parking lots and gave tax incentives and grants for restoration of LoDo's old-fashioned brick-and-stone structures.
Adjacent to the 16th Street Mall and Larimer Square, LoDo today is playland for pub-crawlers and fine diners, besides being home to the Colorado Rockies. Dozens of brewpubs, bars, restaurants, and nightclubs keep the place hopping."
So we’ll highlight a select 6pack for a 6pm crawl. These are the best local beers @ the best Denver brew pubs.
Here’s what to drink, when, and where:
1. Buffalo Gold -6:00-Rock Bottom Brewery -1001 16th Street- (Colorado is home to the original brewery. (A featured pint is always available for $2.50))
2. Champion Buckwheat -6:30-Champion Brewing Company -1442 Larimer Square- (w/ Colorado cuisine like buffalo meat or Rocky Mountain oysters.)
3. Railyard Ale -7:00 -The Wynkoop Brewery -1634 18th Street & 18th- (The entire second floor is reserved for billiards.)
4. Chophouse Amber -7:30-The Denver Chop House -1735 19th Street next to Coors Field - ("If you want to see a bar work like a Japanese factory line, belly up. These guys are professionals. They pour good drinks calmly, even when it's five deep at the bar and some of the fans are getting a little peckish.")
5. Avalanche Ale -8:00 -The Breckenridge Brewery -across from Coors Field at 2210 Blake and 22nd- (College night this Thursdays)
6. Classic English- Doggie Style Ale-8:30-Broadway Brewing Company-2441 Broadway @ Walnut- ("They cover their walls in local artwork, ranging from the tastefully subdued to the downright bizarre.")
It should be noted that our drink-and-move schedule this week might make multiple calls to cell phones necessary. Once again Jim and Matt's cell phone numbers, respectively: 720-232-7585 and 720-839-4477
See ya there!